4.5.09

Week 6: Carving up the world


This week, Michael Honey gave us a really interesting lecture: 'Carving up the world'. What grabbed my attention was when he spoke about the limitations of the Internet. The internet is lacking in the types of structures or default conventions that are oh so familiar in our everyday 'physical' worlds. This is a hurdle for the Internet because it something that humans learn from other humans and then it just becomes normal - it is hard to mirror this in technology because there are so many different possibilities online. This was how i understood it anyway, so hopefully this makes sense to everyone else!

In the Tutorial, as with the last couple of weeks, we worked on our Production Project. As i've said in previous posts, i've chose to do an Online exhibition about Antoni Gaudi, a Spanish architect. I wish i had of given myself more time to refine my research on Gaudi as well as refining the finished product but because of all my other assesment, i've put this last - i'll just have to devote more time to it in this final week before it's due. I've found it a really fun assignment (if there is such a thing) because i've been able to reminice about my trip to Barcelona and learn about something (architecture/art) that i normally would be far too lazy to immerse myself in. In other words, thankfully the assignment hasn't been too arduous.

By: xn44 on Flikr (13/4/2008) Some rights reserved.

I'm still quite unsure exactly what the tutors expect from us (not that they havn't been massively helpful, because they have) because i've noticed other people's work which seems to be a lot more thought out and attractive than mine and they certainly seem to be going to a lot more effort. Nathan did tell me i'm on the right track so i guess i should just stop worrying!

Now to finish off this blog post, here is something totally unrelated and very bizarre that i found off a blog i follow - Boing Boing. Apparently there is a new trend of 'Crushed Smartie' smoking - with kids! I'll let you watch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment